12.16.2009

Guest Wardrobe n°3: Hannah Byun

hannah12

Born in Seoul, South Korea and raised in Boston, U.S, Hannah first stepped foot on Milan in the summer of 2008. He completed an exchange program for Fashion Merchandising and worked in a showroom.
She has a deep love for shoes, which took several shipments over the course of one year to reunite Hannah and her beloved shoes. Not having known how to cook nor do laundry before coming to Milan, Hannah now works a washing machine to perfection and her friends have dubbed her as "Hannah Stewart".

hannah9


hannah7

What do you do?
I am currently working on my furniture line.

What would you like to be in 10 years?
A wiser version of who i am today with the additions of being a loving wife, mother and a successful entrepeneur.

Where did you live before Milan?
Seoul.

Your favourite Fashion Designer?
Ah, so difficult to only name one. However, I love what Albar Elbaz, Riccardo Tisci and Tom Ford have done to the great fashion houses.

Your top restaurant in Milan?
I actually hardly dine out in Milan and prefer to cook at home, which is quite funny considering I could barely make white rice when I arrived here.

And in the world?
"Namu" at the W Hotel in Seoul.

Your perfect party?
Good music, my beloved ones, strawberries and lots of champagne!

A wonderful shop?
Mue, which is a multi-brand shop in Seoul.

What are you going to present for Christmas?
Aside from personal gifts, which are a secret, I am going to go on a sugar marathon making homemade chocolates and baking a pie or two.


hannah13

Your perfect day?
Waking up around noon with the sun shining brightly through the window, strolling around in a summer dress, sitting down with a good book at home and eventually going to bed with a smile on my face.

Your greatest value?
My family.

A model to inspire?
My parents.

The most hated behavior?
Dishonesty.

The best place to be?
Boracay in the Philippines is still my #1!

An animal?
White Tiger.

A colour?
Beige; it's simple yet so rich and always reminds me of my mother.

A dream?
One should strive to make the dream into his reality.

Are you in love?
Haha... Um, I am in a relationship.

A book?
As a child, I was so in love with the Little Mermaid that my father used to tell me a bedtime version where "long ago, there was a mermaid princess named Hannah..."

Love or friendship?
I have learned that love and friendship go hand in hand, whether the relationship is between friends, lovers or family.

You can't resist to...?
Start laughing ucontrollably with my sister in the most umappropriate situations.

hannah3

10 songs:

1. Francesco Baccini - Il topo mangia il gatto
2. Fred Buscaglione - Che bella cosa sei
3. Koop - Koop Island Blues ft. Ane Brun
4. Sade - By your side
5. Simian Mobile Disco - Hustler
6. Yiruma - Time Forgets
7. Spin Doctor - Two Princes
8. Carla Bruni - Je suis un enfant
9. OMD - If you leave
10. Junior Boy s- In the morning

hannah2


hannah10

A recipe:
"Bul-go-gi" which is a simple traditional Korean beef dish.

1 lb thinly sliced steak
4 Tbsp sugar (add more later if needed)
1/2 cup soy sauce
3 minced cloves of garlic
1/4 tsp salt, black pepper
1 1/2 Tbsp sesame oil
1 Tsp toasted sesame seeds
1 medium-size onion thinly sliced
1 cup chopped mushrooms.

1. In a large bowl, combine sugar, soy sauce, garlic, salt, black pepper, sesame oil and sesame seeds to make the sauce. Taste and adjust flavoring.
2. Add in meat, onions and mushrooms.
3. Marinate in the refrigerator for 1-2 hours.
4. Cook over medium high heat.
5. Serve with white rice.

9 comments:

Mariloé said...

does she has a blog????? If yes, PLEASE could you pass me her link?
Thanks
XO
Marina

Silvia Bergomi said...

not yet!
She should create one, right?

I'll keep you posted!

Taryn said...

she seems like quite an interesting person. Enjoyed the interview..

Jullie Alonso said...

WOW!
lovely person and wonderful wardrobe,
kisses

Jess-Gab said...

SHe's so cool, I love her collection of shoes

Barbora said...

I REALLY LOVE YOUR BLOG!!!I was thinking about exchanging the links, what do you think?
xxx

www.barboradudinska.blogspot.com
"fashionably tasteful.have a bite"

Fashion By He said...

awesome outfits, your style is amazing, really big fan of the jumpers

link exchange?

come check out the first ever fashion blog from a guys POV, let He know what you think

fashionbyhe.blogspot.com

JT Paradox said...

Those photos are so good, and thanks for the korean recipe!

- JT Paradox
http://www.thesfstyle.com/

lkj;lkj;lkj;lkj;lkj;lkj; said...

Inspiring all around, beautiful all around.